We are committed to develop unique innovative active ingredients and extracts from plant species together with our customers.
Research & Development services
We provide customers with superior added-value solutions and services
- Screening bioactivity tests to find active compounds. We have a broad range of bioassays which can be used, for example zebrafish toxicity assay, whiteninger assay, Tyrosinase inhibition activity assay and trips assay;
- Metabolomics profile using GC(-MS), HPLC(-MS), 1HNMR or 13CNMR, or an extensive metabolomics study with identification of known compounds;
- Pre-fractionation of extracts by centrifugal partitioning chromatography;
- Isolation of (biologically active) compounds;
- Crop optimization for optimizing the in-planta levels of a compound of interest, which results in reduced raw material cost;
- Breeding new plant varieties for optimizing the in-planta levels of a compound of interest, which results in reduced raw material cost.
Research and Development of products in non traditional high value markets.
Every day our team is searching new active ingredients and extracts to develop new products
Holland Biodiversity closely collaborates with the group of Prof. Y. Choi and Prof. Dr. R. Verpoorte from Natural Products Laboratory, IBL, Leiden University and other institutes around the world like AgroBioInstitute in Sofia, Bulgaria and CSIC in Madrid, Spain. They all are world-renowned experts in different areas, focussing on actives of natural sources for different industries. This gives us a solid background in and a wealth of information on plant metabolites and their applications.
Let an expert help you:
Aletta Nieuwenhuijs +3165153 7699